Wednesday 2 March 2011

1 & 2 March 2011

I am putting today and yesterday together as today I am sick and so not going out. Yesterday we went into Loi Bazaar and I don't have pictures of this yet, but I do have an old video that I took when I came here in 2009 with Mother Ambika...

Nope, can't find it...maybe another day, but you will find it on my facebook videos under the name of "Looking for Vaijayanti Mala" So sorry, no pics or videos.

Anyway, yes, Loi bazaar. We went and met with the many vendors I need to work with. And no sooner had we gotten there, even before dad stepped out of the rickshaw but a monkey swooped down and stole his glasses. I warned him the other day that they will do such a thing and every time Loka would step out of the room she would take her glasses off. This monkey grabbed his glasses and immediately made off with them and up a telephone pole and onto the awnings. I started after him, dad couldn't see anything, but the locals were stopping me. No, no, let the boys get it... which they did and yes, you guessed it Moti, for a small fee! I had to give the boy rs. 10 which he argued about wanting more and his mate came up demanding payment too but I knew he hadn't done anything so I refused to pay him or pay more and scuttled off into our first shop.

Below I have found some pictures I took last year on the way to Loi bazaar. One of the vendors I work had his driver take me as it was pouring rain. Just days after I left to go back to Oz, Vrindavan had huge floods. 

You can see that the buildings are have torn down. This is because the government was/is widening the roads and they just tear into the buildings themselves. Even without warning, the machines will come and rip into the buildings.

 Here you can see the streets filling up due to rain, but here in India when the streets fill up it is not just rain water but sewer water from the open sewers! We have had to walk through this at times! (You'll love that, won't you Cassie!)
You can see how close the cars get to each other...
 Well, having so much trouble with the internet connections right now going out every 4 minutes, making me very MAD!! So I will post this as is and may add to it later... So onto today's adventures...

1 comment:

  1. ...mumsy, can you bring me home a monkey??? ... :D

    ReplyDelete