Thursday 3 March 2011

3 March 2011


Radhe Shyam this day with Lalita and Vishaka gopis

And Sri Sri Krsna and Balarama the transcendental brothers


Sri Sri Gaura Nitai


Dad makes me take the dumbest pictures! This is for you Rick!


This is the gentleman who always take our shoes and puts them safely in cubbies, otherwise they get taken. Here he is with his son. Cute, yah...



Today was the birthday of several nice devotee matajis (women), Yasoda Mayi and Nitya Kishori. Yasoda is a long term resident of Vrindavan, maybe 13 years, from the US and Nitya Kishori is from Russia. Yasoda is very nice and generous always having gifts. And today was no different; even though it was her birthday it was she who was distributing cake, cookies and toys...yes, toys...to us.




Another fine day in Loi Bazaar - facetious. No, not too bad really. We had lunch today at Manish's house. A nice 4 story home around the corner from his shop which he shares with his parents, his family of four and his brother's family of four as well - 6 adults and 4 children. The women cooked the meal of course and Manish sat with Bhas and I. Hot chappatis to go with 2 subjis, dahl, rice, dahi wadas with tamarind sauce, yoghurt and potato wafers. Very nice!

I worked with just 2 vendors today and we were in Loi Bazaar from 12.00 to nearly 5pm. But we did stop at a cloth merchant, one that I knew the first 2 times I came to India 30 years ago. His tailoring is not so good so I don't usually use him but we bought 3new saris and 1 silk dhoti for Bhas and some more kurtas, one really nice long one that I like on him. I will take a picture one day and post here...


But I did manage to take a video during our ride into the bazaar.

You can hear dad moaning and groaning every bump in the road.  The video is rather shakey as the ride and road were also shakey and bumpy so no can help. But it is an idea of the journey... Plus note, Rick, that Baz had me film the truck for you...



Here is a cart where they make sugar cane juice. You can see the guy on the right pushing the canes through the crusher the man on the left is manually turning.            
                                                                                          

3 comments:

  1. Where's the video? I don't see the link...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I don't see the video either :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I was sick of waiting around for the video to upload as the internet keeps falling out here every few minutes (in fact this is the second time I am typing this and the previous entry was better) so I 'published' this hoping the video had uploaded but hadn't. So I will have to try again in the next entry cus they don't let you edit once you have published...at least I can't see where if I can. In fact, the internet has dropped even before finishing typing this little comment and before the page even loaded up...aaarrrgghhhhh...and not pirate talk!!

    ReplyDelete